1. See that picture up there? That’s the official logo for the 4th installment. The Autobots are not present here for some reason.
2. It’s not a reboot. It’s not a reboot. It’s not a reboot. Michael Bay wants to stress the fact that it’s not a reboot.
3. It’s been reported that this will be the first movie in another set of trilogy, but Michael Bay will leave the franchise after the fourth movie, leaving it open for other directors to take the reign. I vote Guillermo Del Toro, if he wants the job.
4. They have a whole new human cast including Mark Wahlberg, Nicola Peltz (The Last Airbender), and Jack Reynor, some relatively unknown Irish heartthrob who is apparently “the real deal” according to Michael Bay. I’m assuming Mark Wahlberg is a single parent in this flick, but he’s supposed to be Nicola Peltz’s father and Jack Reynor is her bad ass biker boyfriend. Michael Bay loves his typical 90’s setting.
5. There’s been a rumor going around that Shia LaBeouf wanted 18 million dollars to star in the fourth movie. After burning a lot of bridges with high profile franchises and retreating to the indie side of film making, it seems like he really couldn’t care less whether they wanted him back or not. I’m not sure who’d want him back either.
6. The movie takes place 4 years after the colossal robot on robot events of The Dark Side of the Moon in Chicago. I like Chicago. They have Chicago style deep dish pizza and rapper Common.
7. There will be new Transformers. I’m hoping for Wheeljack, Grimlock, or Ultra Magnus.
8. No Megatron means they need a new villain. Either Megatron returns as Galvatron or…did Starscream die yet? Perhaps he takes charge in the mean time.
9. Optimus Prime was the reason why a lot of civilians died in the last film. I distinctly remember him not taking any action until the last moment to make people realize that they had wronged the Autobots. Then he went on a homicidal rampage and killed a whole mess of Decepticons, which was incredibly out of character. So is Optimus Prime basically the new Megatron? I don’t think he could have walked away from this the same robot that he’s always been…if the people in charge were competent enough to realize it.
10. Those last two comments weren’t really news, I suppose.
11. The film is slated to premiere on June 27th, 2014.
Written by Daniel Lee